Re: Referral Fees?
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 10:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
In my experience, people who successfully create cohousing communities try
to be realistic about money, setting themselves up so they can make
effective use of it for construction financing, to buy services not
otherwise available, mortgages, etc.

My question is about referral fees as one alternative to realtors - who
typically take 6% of the value when conventional homes are sold. As someone
who helped create a community which took 10 years to self-develop, I'm
interested in alternatives that will help our next project happen more
quickly. Is it your opinion that use of referral fees is a bad idea?