scattering the play structures or putting on commonhouse plaza
From: Shelly (shelldemeocomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi--

Here at Rocky Hill Cohousing in western Mass., we are in the home stretch.  Our
common house is almost complete and the question is now...where to put the
children's play structures.

I chose the home site I did because I always thought our community would put
our children's play structure near the common house.  Now, there is talk by the
site committee to scatter them in the upper and lower loops.  The idea, I
think, is to divide and conquer the kid noise by creating play areas by age in
different locations.  Also, in the lower loop where I am, there are less
children and the homes without kids don't really want the kid noise so the
upper loop is where the site committee is recommending putting the largest play
structure because "there are more kids up there."  They want the lower loop to
have a sand box.

I think this is a mistake and we should be creating a fun, multi-age play
structure in front of the common house so people and children will gather
there.  But maybe I am wrong?

I am curious how others have decided where to put their play structure and how
that has or has not worked for them.
I am hoping to share with our site committee your responses.

So, please let me know.  Also, if you do have any digital pictures you could
send along that would be helpful.

Thank you...

Shelly DeMeo
Rocky Hill Cohousing