Re: Charge People as Households or Individuals
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
Richard and Emily wrote:
Hello! I am part of an emerging cohousing community in Richmond, Virginia. We are at the stage of possibly signing on with a developer. There is an initial assessment of our needs/liabilities/strengths, for this we are being charged a fee that we all agree is quite reasonable. Where we have diverging views is around whether to charge people per household (no matter the number of occupants), or as individuals. Has this issue come up?What have you all done about this?

What we have done is allow people to contribute whatever amount they want, by household, that will then be credited toward the cost of their unit.

        - catya
--
Catya Belfer-Shevett     'This is not the .sig you're looking for.'
catya [at] pobox.com           'You can go about your business.'