Re: Affordable Cohousing - It Does Exist
From: Martin Sheehy (martinsheehyyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
Zev,

  Being a physician, I have seen clients in assisted living & nursing home
facilities, & hope that baby-boomers, and those who come after them, and who
have been imprudent in their retirement planning, will agitate from their
governments for assistance in the building of cohousing.

  It is good to know, Zev, that some cohousing communities are already
altruistically affording others opportunities to move in who otherwise might
end up in another, less-favorable, facility.

  Marty.

Zev Paiss <zpaiss [at] comcast.net> wrote:
  Marty,

Here at Nomad cohousing in Boulder, Colorado, 7 of our 11 homes are
permanently affordable. New construction is expensive and unless
there are substantial subsidies from the government, foundations or
wealthier cohousers, the amount of affordable cohousing will remain
limited for the foreseeable future.

Zev

Zev Paiss
Abraham Paiss & Associates
Building Sustainable Communities Since 1992
1460 Quince Ave. #102
Boulder, CO 80304
303-413-8066
www.AbrahamPaiss.com