Re: Referral Fees?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
Craig -- waaaay back in 1996-98 when I was a partner at Liberty Village Cohousing we did offer members $1,000.00 if they referred someone who joined. I don't believe anyone ever took advantage of this offer and it was dropped or more accurately simply faded away. My guess is that members of the group don't need motivation to refer people.

This idea of offering referral fees to people outside the community is an interesting one. I hope it proves fruitful and meshes well w/ the cohousing "way" (whatever that means!) For groups far from population centers this could be a very good way to get the word out about their community and in turn help individuals looking for a community find a match for themselves.

I'm for whatever works.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Principal, The Cohousing Collaborative
Cohousing Consultant
--Takoma Village
--Eastern Village
--Baltimore City
--Annapolis
--Concord Village

“The Road to Enlightenment is Long and Difficult...
So Bring Cookies and a Magazine.”

Wk  202 546 4654
FAX 202 291 8594

6827 4th St. NW #312