Re: Slow Mailman admin pages response after posting [TT#: 1178356]
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
Some more detail on this...

I tried to observe more closely after approving 5 messages for
distribution. So far it has been 5.5 minutes and an admin page request is
still loading. ( I have one defered request which I will probably discard
if the author does not specifically request it be distributed.  I clicked
on that message (which display part of the content of the message and
header).  That page finally returned -- blank ( I messed up my timer but
probably after 7-8 minutes.) I backed up again and requested it again
it is still "loading..."  I did not start my timer again.

I dont have an easy way to tell when Mailman has distributed those five
messages.  I subscribe in no mail mode. It's not easy to tell from the
archives since they are in message date order.

The second request for detail came back blank after an unmeasured time
(minutes).  I requested it again and it cam back in 51 seconds. I checked
the archives and some (all?) of the 5 messages were there.

While all this waiting for an admin request page to load, Pine in ssh is
responsive, cohousing-L archive pages are responsive

Fred