Re: Increase in housing values: A boon or disaster for cohousing?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 13, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Robert Heinich wrote:

Sharon Villines, Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC said "We had to run
a brothel out of the building behind us ".

Was the brothel a community business or did you force the brothel to leave

Very funny!

It was actually very frustrating because the neighbors all knew what was going on but the city inspector had to witness the events and somehow that just never happened. For months. the Apple Spa was functioning with reportedly wall to wall beds with lovely Asian women on them. Downstair is the Chinese take-out many of us went to for food.

It has been a real lesson in how hard it is to maintain a neighborhood that is on the edge, tipping up or down.

We have some members who resent the limitations of living in a historic district and think it is silly since we do have pockets of things that are anything but historic. If we didn't have that designation, however, we would be run over with traffic and drugs.

Sharon
-----
http://www.takomavillage.org