|Re: "Targeting" the wealthy||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)|
|Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:18:56 -0700 (PDT)|
And where does moving off the grid come from?
I've lost the thread of which message this question came from but "off the grid" means literally off the grid. From the Wikipedia:
The term off the grid refers to a method of construction that relies on renewable energy sources rather than traditional public utility sources provided by the utility "grid." In such construction, the home or building constructed does not rely on municipal water supply, sewer, gas, electrical or similar utility services. A true "off the grid" house is able to operate completely independently of traditional public utility services.
Dancing Rabbit is an off the grid intentional community. People can construct their own homes or live in group houses. One person literally, as I am told by a resident, lives on $3,000 a year by living in a tent. He pays a fee for common facilities like composting toilets, use of a common kitchen, etc.
Sharon ----- Sharon Villines Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC http://www.takomavillage.org
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy, (continued)
Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Brian Bartholomew, July 12 2006
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Becky Weaver, July 12 2006
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Chris ScottHanson, July 16 2006
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Lion Kuntz, July 21 2006
- Turnover in Cohousing Chris ScottHanson, July 21 2006
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Brian Bartholomew, July 12 2006
- Re: "Targeting" the wealthy Robert Heinich, July 15 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.