Re: "Targeting" the wealthy
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
Lion Kuntz said "Co-housing on the otherhand is into restricting satellite
dishes, remember? No naughty solar panels allowed. Big discussion on the proper
temperature for tar and feathering scofflaws not far back in time."

I do not believe that cohousing implies these restrictions but rather these
restrictions are an expression of the values of that community culture,  At Eno
Commons, there is at least one house with a satellite dish (not used as they
switched to cable but the dish is still there).  I know some communities (Cary,
NC) ban clothes lines but that is not true for us.  However, you are probably
correct that if we had a lot available, we would not allow a dome house but
reasons for that is probably not due that we are a cohousing community.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC