|Items Pledged so far for the Cohousing Benefit Auction at our Conference in Chapel Hill NC - 7/21-23 2006||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)|
|Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:01:40 -0700 (PDT)|
Items Pledged so far for the Cohousing Benefit Auction at our Conference in Chapel Hill NC
Conference details: http://www.cohousing.org/conference.aspx There is still time to register! It's not too late to offer somethingBegin to think about which of these exciting items you'd like to bid on Saturday night July 22!
-=-=-=-1. Temescal Cohousing - Two nights, cmty meal, hot tub (single or couple) - North Oakland CA - Good through June 2007
2. Two hours consulting on Building Specifications Review and Negotiating Construction Contracts - David Bellin, founding member of Pacifica Cohousing, Chapel Hill NC - Good through Dec 2006
3. Two nights stay at Swan’s Market, sightseeing tour of the Bay Area, a couple common meals (single or couple), tour of area cohousing cmties
4. Two books of poetry- EROS TO GODHEAD and GOD SEX POLITICS, a CD of some of his performance pieces, and a poster of one of his poems, 100 FLOWERS, each signed by Thom Namaya
5. Ten copies of Rayni Joan's new novel: "The Skinny: Recollections of America's First Bulimic"
6. Liberty Village - Two Night stay at the cmty, dinner at a Frederick restaurant
7. Two cat prints 8. Two autographed copies of EcoVillage at Ithaca by Liz Walker9. 50% discount ($275 value) off our next Elder Cohousing Getting Started Workshop, September 14-17 at the Wild Sage Cohousing Community in Boulder, Colorado - Zev Paiss & Neshama Abraham
10. 90-minute telephone consultation ($300 value) with both Zev and Neshama for as many members of your group as you wish. - Good until Dec 2006.
11. $500 discount off a weekend workshop given by Zev or Neshama. This could include any of the following workshops: The Cohousing Development Process, Using Consensus Effectively, Creating a Group Vision, Building Community Together, Sex and Community, or any custom workshop requested by your group. Good through July 2007.
12. Hardcopy edition of Buffalo Spirits by Elizabeth Black, (2004, Story Line Press) signed and donated by the author, a fan of Cohousing. Winner of the Three Oaks Prize for Fiction
13. One week stay at Casa Verde Commons in Colorado Springs CO - Use of up to two rooms, two common meals included - Good through July 2007
14. Two months worth of Personal Work/Life coaching - to 2 individuals (who are ripe and ready for huge breakthroughs in their lives and need help getting unstuck!). Market value ranges from $300/ month upwards
15. Two night stay at Pleasant Hill Cohousing in the eastern suburbs of the Bay Area - Breakfast and tour of the cmty included - Good through July 2007.
16. One hour Therapeutic massage - Winning bidder will have to come to Mystic CT - Cher Stuewe Portnoff
17. Four hour workshop/community retreat. This has a retail value of $750 (for the workshop time, prep, and follow-up). The workshop could focus on one of a variety of things- forming and managing your development process, how to handle conflict, appreciating how far your community has come, planning for the future, increasing community participation, creating a more inclusive community... We could create a workshop or retreat to meet just about any community's needs.
Grace Potts, an organizational development consultant in the firm Insight Unlimited (www.insightunlimited.org) We specialize in helping groups gain access to their own wisdom, and their ability to act on that wisdom. Good after Jan 15, 2007
18. A black fanny pack that fits almost all sizes, and says "Celebrate Life!" - Barbara Sarah
19. Framed black and white photo - Andi Pearson 20. Two nights stay at Manzanita Village in Prescott AZ 21. Two autographed copies of Senior Cohousing by Chuck Durrett22. Weekend stay at private home in Croton on Hudson - Beautiful view of the Hudson; 50-minute train ride from New York City - Single or couple, breakfast included - Good through winter 2006/2007.
23. Two night stay at Wild Sage Cohousing in Boulder CO - One dinner included, tea at Dushambe Teahouse, guided tour of Pearl St Mall (single or couple) - Good through July 2007
24. Two Night stay at Nomad Cohousing in Boulder CO - Tea at Dushambe Teahouse, dinner with the community (Wed or Sun), guided tour of Pearl St Mall, tour of area cohousing cmties, (single or couple) - Good through July 2007
25. A Facilitator's Toolbox. In a handy carrying container, it includes "How To . . ." descriptions of tactics for dealing with tough topics. Included are descriptions of open space retreat exercises, black-eyed pea salons, sticky note round-ups, flip chart thought capture, and other handy tools. Also included are the post- its, markers, peas, a flip chart, numbers and email addresses of people to call for help, a bottle of aspirin, and a bottle of wine. - Eastern Village Cohousing
26. Starter kit for a community dog. Kit includes a dog crate (used), a dog training book, a leash, dog shampoo, chew toy, poop bags in a handy dog collar mounted container, and maybe some surprise items - Eastern Village Cohousing
27. Consulting time with Jim Leach - Jim Leach - Good through July 2007.28. Weekend stay at Colorado mountain retreat - Jim Leach - Good through July 2007.
29. Three CDs of "Different Strokes...Live." by the woefully underrated jazz violinist Yehudit Liberman and cellist Beth Snellings underscore the old adage that good things come in small packages - Yehudit Lieberman
30. One or two days of group process consulting by Laird Schaub, who has worked with 30 different cohousing groups the last decade. Standard rate is $1200/day. Bid on one day and take both for two times the money. Minimum bid is $500. Laird keeps the first $500 and everything above that is profit for the auction. Winning bidder is responsible for Laird’s travel, food, and lodging - Laird Schaub - Good through July 2007.
31. One quart of organic Sandhill sorghum and one quart of Sandhill honey - Sandhill Farm (the record for this pair of distinctive items is $48, held by Bill Becker of Loveland CO)
32. < Your offering here > -=-=-What could you donate? Almost anything can work: free attendance at a future workshop (be sure to give dates and normal retail value), copies of a book or artwork, consulting services, dinner at a favorite restaurant, a weekend getaway at your home or vacation spot featuring bed and breakfast and a local tour. Be creative!
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the best way to offer something, please contact me at your convenience.
Thanks for considering lending a hand. We hope to see you in Chapel Hill. Together we can have a good time and make a difference.
In cooperation Laird Schaub FIC Executive Secretary & Benefit Auction Coordinator laird [at] ic.org - 660-883-5545
Items Pledged so far for the Cohousing Benefit Auction at our Conference in Chapel Hill NC - 7/21-23 2006 Neil Planchon, July 15 2006
- Re: Items Pledged so far for the Cohousing Benefit Auction at our Conference in Chapel Hill NC - 7/21-23 2006 Chris ScottHanson, July 16 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.