Re: home co-ownership
From: Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:44:56 -0700 (PDT)
We have quite a few older singles who do not have the equity to purchase
their own house in a cohousing development.

However, if (some of the) units in a cohousing development are designed
with this in mind (eg. an ensuite for each bedroom), it should be
possible to offer home co-ownership arrangements (eg. See
www.podproperty.com.au ).

For example, the 'Golden Girls' set-up appears to have four singles who
share a house. Whilst I can't imagine it would be the responsibility of
a cohousing group to do the matchmaking, it would lower the financial
threshold for joining a cohousing community.

What do you think?

Hans
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~cohouse
skype hans.tilstra