Re: Benefit auction for the Cohousing Conference
From: Linda Peckham (brightdarkmac.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm with the Delaware Street Commons in Lawrence, KS. (A few more weeks, and we start building!)

We'd like to donate a DSC t-shirt and baseball cap to the silent auction. (I'll be bringing the items with me.)

- Linda Peckham
 Delaware Street Commons
 913-669-6661

Neil Planchon wrote:

Dear Coho-l,

As you know, the national Cohousing Conference is just around the corner - July 21-23, on the campus of the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. We hope you'll join us there, adding your ideas and enthusiasm to the mix.

I'm writing to ask if you'd be willing to donate something that we could offer at the benefit auction to be held Saturday evening -- after dinner and before the live Bluegrass music. Proceeds from the auction will be split between The Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US) (70%) and the Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC) (30%). As both Coho/US and FIC are 501(c)(3) organizations, the value of any donated products or services can be treated as a tax deduction, and I'll be happy to send you a letter of recognition to that effect.

We are expecting a boisterous crowd and this could be an great way to promote what you do or things you support, and at the same time help two great networks finance more of their programs. It's a relatively painless way to help us help others find community.

What could you donate? Almost anything can work: free attendance at a future workshop (be sure to give dates and retail value), copies of a book or artwork, consulting services, dinner at a favorite restaurant, a weekend getaway at your home, vacation spot or community guest-room featuring bed and breakfast and a local tour. Be creative!

If you have any questions or would like to discuss the best way to offer something, please contact me at your convenience.

Thanks for considering lending a hand. We hope to see you in Chapel Hill. Together we can have a good time and make a difference

In cooperation

Laird Schaub
FIC Executive Secretary & Benefit Auction Coordinator
laird [at] ic.org
660-883-5545

Important links:

Conference page
http://www.cohousing.org/conference.aspx

Cohousing Association of the United States home page
http://www.cohousing.org/default.aspx