Re: Clothes Lines
From: Elisabeth (drite30yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
I don't want to congest bandwith here with this topic..but.....what is the
reason for some communities to not use clothelines?

  Sorry if it's really obvious!,..I recently have been exploring cohousing as a
possibility..thanks is advance..

Tilstra <tilstra [at] smartchat.net.au> wrote:
  We have quite a few older singles who do not have the equity to purchase
their own house in a cohousing development.

However, if (some of the) units in a cohousing development are designed
with this in mind (eg. an ensuite for each bedroom), it should be
possible to offer home co-ownership arrangements (eg. See
www.podproperty.com.au ).

For example, the 'Golden Girls' set-up appears to have four singles who
share a house. Whilst I can't imagine it would be the responsibility of
a cohousing group to do the matchmaking, it would lower the financial
threshold for joining a cohousing community.

What do you think?

Hans
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~cohouse
skype hans.tilstra