Re: Clothes Lines
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:22:35 -0700 (PDT)

>I was excited to have a washer and dryer in my unit. I wasn't about to
give it up for a
?clothesline.

>A few people occasionally put things to dry on racks on their balconies

>but no one really wants to be treated to their neighbor's underwear
>flapping in the wind.

>Sharon

What I find a bit sad is that it sounds like the thinking about
clothes-lines and dryers was black and white. It was one or the other,
no give or take or middle ground. I get that perhaps there wasn't space
for a clothes line but if space could be found, why not provide both?

I wouldn't want a clothes line obscuring a view I liked but elsewhere I
have no objection to them and indeed see them as part of life, though
few of them exist these days. If my neighbors had clotheslines even on
their porches as you described, what they chose to hang there, underwear
or anything, would be irrelevant to me.

Douglas Larson,
Songaia Cohousing