Re: Clothes Lines
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Paso Robles, CA has a rule against clotheslines that are visible to
> the street, which I think many suburban cities do.

Start legislating taste, and the next thing you get are condo/coop
conversion ordinances which require lots of expensive retrofitting and
approval from the DRE, and a lawyer to figure out what they mean.  You
can push minimum housing prices as high as you want by loading on
requirements.  Load on enough requirements and affordability is banned.

Why not ban any new car that doesn't have a moonroof, a built-in cell
phone, a GPS navigation system, and a 140 mph speed rating?  Why not
require any car to be upgraded to these minimums whenever it changes
hands?  /Because most people can't afford it./  Same with houses.

                                                        Brian