Upcoming Cohousing Presentations
From: Zev Paiss (zpaisscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Cohousing Community,

We hope you are all enjoying the summer.

We wanted to let you know about a special presentation Zev Paiss and Neshama Abraham are doing on Thursday, August 3 in Philadelphia as part of our East Coast tour (details below). Please note that the Philadelphia talk will take the place of the cohousing presentation we were originally planning at Eastern Village Cohousing on July 30.

Aging in Community in Philadelphia
Please join us for us for a talk on "Aging in Community" which will take place on Thursday, Aug. 3 from 7:30-9 PM at the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel (17th & Race St.). This is a special public presentation which is part of the Pioneer Network Annual Conference (http://www.pioneernetwork.net/news-and-events/ conferencemain.php) where we are also presenters. A dessert reception will follow the discussion.

We are part of a development team that is actively looking for a site in Philadelphia to create a cohousing village that can accommodate both a multi-generational and age-targeted cohousing neighborhood next to one another.

Other members of the Philadelphia development team include Don Tucker of Eco Housing Corp., developer of two award-winning environmental cohousing neighborhoods: Takoma Village Cohousing in Washington DC and Eastern Village Cohousing Silver Spring, MD; Tom Bath, an experienced builder and general contractor interested in building sustainable cohousing communites in the greater Philadelphia area; and Philadelphian Lynne Iser from Second Journey, a national organization dedicated to creating community in the second half of life.

Additional East Coast Presentations

"Cohousing Development Primer" on Friday, July 21 from 8:30 am-12 noon
at the National Cohousing Conference, Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Note: our talk is still open and you can register on- site, however the rest of the Conference is now full.

"Elder Cohousing: How to Get a Neighborhood Started" on Friday, July 28 from 9:20 -11 am as part of a day-long seminar on Creating Intentional Communities for the Second Half of Life at the North Carolina Center for Creative Retirement in Asheville, NC. Note this conference is still taking registrations.

"Elder Cohousing: A Natural Fit for UUs Age 55 and Over" on Tuesday, August 1 from 10 am-12 noon at the Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church in Bethesda, MD. The talk will be followed by lunch and a tour of Eastern Village Cohousing in Silver Spring, MD and Takoma Village in Washington, DC.

If you are interested in attending the Philadelphia or Bethesda, Maryland talk, please call us directly at (303) 413-8066 or email at katedlg [at] comcast.net. More info about intentional elder neighborhoods can be found at our website, http://www.ElderCohousing.org.

We look forward to connecting with you.
Thank you,

Neshama Abraham and Zev Paiss
Co-Founders, The Elder Cohousing Network
Principals, Abraham Paiss & Associates, Inc.
1460 Quince Avenue #102
Boulder CO 80304
303-413-8066
www.AbrahamPaiss.com