Turnover in Cohousing
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:55:17 -0700 (PDT)
Did you know that something approaching 50% of the hsoue sales in cohousing are from cohousers purchasing other cohousing - moving up in size, moving down in size, or moving to a new location with existing cohousing?

In western culture, it appears, home ownership is on average, a 3 year thing. Then we move to another home that we own. In cohousing this number is higher we think, maybe as much as double. Doing the math, moving once every 6 years on average (some more often and some not at all!), a 30 unit cohousing community will most likely have one unit turn over each year or so.

Human behavior x the numbers...  no judgement involved.

Chris