Re: Fair housing law in the US
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
Way Cool (well, ahem, not so cool here in Chapel Hill really)
-
So I'll brag about scoring a really great hat and T-shirt that reads
"Deleware Street Commons; creating an old-fashioned Kansas neighborhood in a
new way."

Raines and I and a few others bid the hat/shirt way up in value to a grand
total of $17 - still a true bargain.

Today Catya and I lead a workshop entitled "Creating Cohousing Traditions
through Celebration and Ceremony"

It was a real pleasure to share some of the Songaia culture with others in
cohousing - we've not done much of this outside of the Northwest - where
we're pretty well known because of our local community organizing work.

Creating authentic, local culture is something we in the movement are doing
that I think is really important... yet it often gets lost in the buzz we
create around real estate development... houses and land and money are
important to get right, but once you've actually FINISHED construction,
cohousing is so much more about the people and creating lives together that
matter to us and our families.

P.S. I'll be sharing this workshop at the Art of Community Northwest
conference in the Seattle area on Sept 8-10, 2006:

http://fic.ic.org/aofc/