slide shows
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:05:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousers,

Just back from the fabulous and inspiring conference!  I didn't have enough
power point slide shows to match the demand.  If you would like one, here are
the descriptions below.

Note, the newest slide show is called "Getting the Work Done" and describes the
Affinity Work System at Pioneer Valley cohousing.  This is geared towards
groups who are just about to move into their new communities, or those that are
struggling with their own new systems.

All of these slide shows include text to explain the images (and visa-versa).

Best,
Laura

Laura E. Fitch, AIA, LEED
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002

413-549-5799
lfitch [at] krausfitch.com

Cohousing Slide Shows by Kraus-Fitch Architects

The following slide shows are available on CD form for power point
presentations:

What is Cohousing - $5

This slide show gives prospective members and town officials an idea of what
cohousing is all about.  It includes lots of pictures of folks living, playing,
and working in both rural and urban cohousing communities.

Cohousing Site Design - $25

This slide show illustrates with many photographs the important site design
issues such as distance between units, parking strategies, accessibility and
pedestrian walkways.   It addresses the seasonal and regional issues of snow
removal, summer shade, and winter sun and even looks at the seemingly mundane
issues that you will regret overlooking without proper programming.   It
concludes with a tour of many North American Cohousing Communities - urban and
rural.

Cohousing Common House Design $25

How do you create a Common House to meet all the needs of your community - and
to be the "living room" of the community?  Kitchens, Great Rooms, Kids Room,
Laundry and much, much more are explored and illustrated with photographs from
many communities.

Cohousing Unit Design - $25

This slide show looks at all types of cohousing housing options - single family
to apartment flats - the spaces within them, the relationships between them,
and the materials that go into their construction.  Customization is discussed
in realistic terms.

Cohousing & Sustainable Design $25

Cohousing presents a unique opportunity to build and live in more sustainable
ways.  This slide show looks at the big picture items, and the details without
losing sight of cost effectiveness.

Getting the Work Done - A case study of "Affinity Work Teams" at Pioneer Valley
Cohousing - $5

What happens once you move into cohousing?  How do you get the common meals
cooked and the grass mowed?  This slide show gives the history and descriptions
of several work systems that were tried at Pioneer Valley.  It then explains
why we chose to develop "Affinity Teams", how we made the transition, and how
this system works.

Set of 6 - $80

These slide shows can be ordered by sending a check to:

Kraus-Fitch Architects

110 Pulpit Hill Rd.

Amherst, MA  01002
  • slide shows Laura Fitch, A.I.A., July 21 2003
    • slide shows Laura Fitch, July 24 2006