Re: Remember when?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 25, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Richard and Emily wrote:

Thank you for your post. I have not been subscribed to the list for too long so I don't remember the good old days, however when subscribing I assumed that it would be just as you described, inspiring, helpful etc.

People, lists, and movements go through highs and lows. Some of the people from the good old days post much less often, having moved on. Rob posts less . Liz Stevenson I miss a lot. Some have become professionals and now are too busy building cohousing to post as much as they used to.

And there are more books and more real communities to visit so people don't need the list as much as they once did.

And the movement has matured. People are more realistic which isn't half as inspiring as being idealistic. Cohousing is a lot of work.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC