Re: Remember when?
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:10:39 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon Villines said "Cohousing is a lot of work."

However, would you consider living anyplace else?

For me, the answer is I can not imagine living anyplace else.  I was laid off
from IBM Feb 2002 and went back to school.  When I graduated in Dec 2004, there
was job opportunties in other cities.  I resisted that siren call as I believe
eventually there would be another position in the area where I lived.  An
opportunity did come along and I am glad I never left.

During the four years I was unemployed, I was buoyant from the support of my
neighbors.  When I was taking classes at NC State (Raleigh), a neighbor gave me
a ride during the week.  When I graduated from NC State, my neighbors bought me
a iPod as a graduation gift.  When I was looking for work, I had a secret
benefactor leaving me every month $100 cash in an envelope with only "Heinich
Computer Services" typed on it.  There are other myriad acts of kindness that I
received when I needed it.

Leave my cohousing neighbor?  You got to be kidding!

-Robert
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 where this weekend'd Community Dayz work day will start work on completing
 the upstairs of the Common House.  I will be so glad to say to folks
 that they can stay in the Common House's guest rooms when they come to
 learn more about Eno Commons.