NC Conference
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:30:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all --

If you attended the cohousing conference this past weekend in Chapel Hill, NC you know what a fabulous meeting ground it was for cohousers of all stripes. There was programming for newbies and oldsters, professionals and "regular" folks, those just starting out and those building yet another coho community.

More than 225 people attended this conference sponsored by The Cohousing Association of the US. But I bet few of you know it was organized by fewer than 10 people working many months in advance of the event. While many people volunteered during the weekend the grunt work of establishing the venue, the program, the logistics, the registration, the meals, the tours, the accommodations, the key note addresses, all the communications w/ the conference attendees, etc., etc., etc. -- all this and more had to be done prior to the weekend. And it was lovingly done by a group of very dedicated volunteers who spent many, many, many hours making sure the weekend was a success.

Tip o' the cohousing hat to the Board of Directors of CohoUS and others including but not limited to Rick Mockler, Giles Blunden, Carol Braford, Neshama Abraham, Joani Blank, Dave & Catya Belfer- Shevett, Noel Rosenberg, et al.,

Who have I missed? Pleased don't be shy! Please acknowledge anyone you know who worked on the conference prior to the weekend and whom I have missed. Everyone deserves to be acknowledged for this very fine weekend. Put their name right here:

Thank you again to all who worked so hard to create this wonderful weekend. If you enjoyed the weekend, if you found it a valuable experience then consider being on the conference committee for the next national conference.

Meanwhile... thank you again!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Principal, The Cohousing Collaborative
Cohousing Consultant
--Takoma Village
--Eastern Village
--Baltimore City
--Annapolis
--Concord Village

“The Road to Enlightenment is Long and Difficult...
So Bring Cookies and a Magazine.”

Wk  202 546 4654
FAX 202 291 8594

6827 4th St. NW #312