Re: HOA Dues Consultants...
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 05:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
Robert,
It is possible to do a budget and reserve study without paying professionals.

Here at Eno Commons we did our own reserve study.  Fortunately we had Jessie
(now at Eastern Village) who works at HUD to do a top-down study (I believe it
was 2% of the project)
and Laura who works at Self-Help Bank to do a bottom-up study.  The dollar
amounts matched!  Money for our reserves is 40% of our $100/month/household HOA
dues.-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC where the Barn (workshop) passed inspection and has electricity and
the  Common House's upstairs construction started.  Now that the original
vision is nearly complete, this Sunday we are discussing our Strategic Plan.