Re: Cardiff Place Cohousing
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:03:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cardiff Place is 17 units.  Completed in 1994.

One of the very DIFFERENT aspects to the project was that it took only about a year from selecting a site until move in. We purchased a "project" that was already permitted and ready to start construction.

Another aspect is that it is a three story apartment building style development with double loaded corridors on the two upper levels. There is no pedestrian street, per se. Don't know if that might have had an impact.

If anyone hears the story I would love to know more. I have not been in touch with anyone there for more than ten years.

I wonder of Alan Carpenter would know anything?

Chris ScottHanson

Cohousing Resources LLC
Ecovillages, Cohousing & Sustainable Communities
Development and Consulting for a Sustainable Future
   based on the Natural Power of Community

PO Box 1288
Langley, WA 98260

(360) 321-7850 new office