Re: Reserve Studies (and aging in place)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 8, 2006, at 3:20 PM, Jim Snyder-Grant wrote:

In contrast, at New View, we've been here for 10 years now, with only
3 turnovers among the 24 households. It looks and feels like a bunch
of us are in it for the long haul. I describe this as my terminal
house. People here used to laugh, now they nod.

One of my big shocks after moving into cohousing was that anyone moved in planning to move out in 2 years. Unfortunately, there were some. Others have longer timelines but have no plan to stay here "forever" and talk about where they are going next.

Personally, I find that very difficult. It has altered my own commitment.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC