Re: work allocation [was Re: how many people for common meal...just starting]
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 10, 2006, at 2:13 PM, R.P. Aditya wrote:

Was there a specific aspect of the work hours allocation you were interested
in?

I've been trying to get my community to adopt a similar system for years. I have a database of tasks that we do now and how many hours each one is estimated to take, etc. The community has gone over it twice to adjust jobs and figures but we haven't moved closer to getting any program implemented.

There is HUGE resistance to quantification. And to preserving the status quo. People who do not work are not penalized so why work? (My judgment.)

Even with the system of assigning hours to tasks rather than having people track their time (a non-starter) we can't get closer to a logical and fair system. We are due to review a voluntary system this fall so there is always hope. Hearing about a community that has such a system that works, and that accomplishes so many meals, would be a great incentive for us. Everyone wants more meals.

Do cooks pay for the meals they cook?

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines