Denver Urban Core Cohousing Initiative - We Need Your Help! :)
From: Ted Pearlman (ted.pearlmanducci.org)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 05:41:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself.  My name's Ted Pearlman, and I started the Denver
Urban Core Cohousing Initiative (our website is: http://www.ducci.org) in
2004.  We are currently a group with 21 households (26 adults and 7 children
of school age or younger) doing land acquisition.  At the moment, we're hot
on the trail of an amazing site on Denver's most pedestrian-oriented,
mixed-use street.

We've essentially frozen membership for the moment pending the results of
our site search and of a redefinition of our membership requirements.

So, here's where all of you on Cohousing-L come in.

Our current membership requirements are very simple.  A very low membership
fee and modest meeting attendance requirements.  Despite this we are a very
strong group.  However, we need to redefine our membership requirements now
that we are getting into the spending-big-money stage.

A group of us are advocating for a very typical two-tier membership model,
which includes a larger financial commitment, greater initial and ongoing
attendance and participation requirements, and the like.

We need volunteers from existing (built) cohousing communities who have
successfully implemented a two-tier membership model or any successful
alternative to speak, via teleconference, at our big membership conclave
next Saturday, Aug 19th, at 12pm Mountain Time (11am Pacific, 1pm Central,
2pm Eastern, 9pm Nairobi time) and tell us your community's membership
story.  We'll probably need you for around an hour.

Please contact me if you are interested in participating (or if you know of
someone who we should contact) at ted.pearlman [at] ducci.org or 720-934-2474
anytime.

We really appreciate your help!

Thanks,