Carrying on the movement
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 07:03:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi -

I was talking to my 15-year-old about the conference and she asked why, if
we were so serious about carrying the cohousing movement forward, we 1) did not
 have a plan to help the kids raised in cohousing (our best market) to be
able to  live in cohousing once they leave their parents' homes
(affordability),
and 2)  did not have any conference sessions or national outreach for the
teens who had  grown up in cohousing and might want to help carry the movement
forward?

She and I have talked a bit about this, but I figure you all can help me
answer her. Please.

Maybe she can get her community service learning hours working for the
Mid-Atlantic Chapter answering her own questions?  What say, Ann Z?

Also, is anyone else having the experience that the kids raised in
cohousing, who cannot remember anything else, expect to live in cohousing when
they
are grown?  Or are other kids rebelling?

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where I'm still finishing my condo's floors in the second year  after move
in.  The Rembrandt concrete stain is gorgeous and holding up  very well except
under the chair with rolling wheels at the computer.  And  I think this will
be our first and last stone tile floor (stuff is *heavy*!)  once we get the
entry hall done."