Re: Carrying on the movement
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:18:59 -0700 (PDT)
Both my children have grown up at Sharingwood. One is about to leave for
college, the other just turned 15.  Like everyone else who lives here, I
would say they are not interested much in cohousing movements and have
little interest in other cohousing groups and situations. However, both of
them articulate that they know the "real world" is not at all like where
they grew up and they are aware of some of the very wonderful kinds of
relationships they have living in community. In fact yesterday my youngest
had a surprise party which included several friends who did not know about
this aspect of her life. I was tickled to watch her give them a tour of
"her" community.

So I think there is an ingrained learning, which might very well springboard
into my kids finding themselves wanting to live in community later in their
life after they explore the world a bit.  They both very much understand
that this is a great place to raise kids and it might not be until such time
in their lives that they choose to return.

Rob Sandelin
Naturalist, Writer
The Environmental Science School
http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm