Re: Waiting Lists
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 06:27:09 -0700 (PDT)
At Heartwood Cohousing (rural SW Colorado, 24 homes), we don't have a waiting list, per se, but we do maintain a data base of prospective members. We also have a page on our website which features any homes for rent or sale here. It's up to the prosepctive memberrs to keep up to speed on openings.

We have a membership process which we closely follow to help ensure that prospective members have fully studied and considered what life in cohousing is all about. Our membership process is self selecting so the decision to live here is completely the prospective member's, but we want to make sure that they do that with their eyes wide open, at least as much as possible. Our membership process is detailed in our Membership agreement:

http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/AGREEMENTS/MEMBER.html

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Let me walk in beauty and let my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset."
     - Native American Tradition