Re: cars
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
My Prius has never felt punished by OUR consensus decisions about cars...
nor has its owner.

If I had wanted a carport or garage, I would have made sure that was an
option when we did the design work. I didn't care back in the 90's (and
still don't 6 years post-construction). Since construction, a few people
have "talked about" wanting carports, but so far, nobody has taken action,
i.e., made an actual proposal... so all of our cars continue to "enjoy" the
natural weather of our periphery parking lots.

As for studio space, we have an artist with a studio in her home and a
shared ceramic room in our barn. The sharing has been fine according to the
professional artist who has used it... but then she also uses her home space
for privacy.

You obviously have some very specific concerns - am I right in intepreting
your mail that your community has come to consensus on a plan that would
seem to meet your needs? Its a little hard to tell.