(no subject)
From: David Heimann (heimannworld.std.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

JP Cohousing had (has) a similar procedure for accepting new members. During development I was often wondering how we could stop getting the "member household from hell" if we didn't have a blocking mechanism. As it turned out, no member households from hell exist among other current 30 member households, and a number of households whom I regarded as likely member households from hell decided not to join.

What's been the experience of other cohousing communities with similar membership acceptance mechanisms?

Regards,
David Heimann
JP Cohousing