Senior cohousing in Amherst, MA
From: Jane Lekus (janelekusyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:48:38 -0700 (PDT)
We are a group of over 55's who are forming a co-housing group to build in
Amherst, MA, or the surrounding area. We are looking for new members to join us
in a senior co-housing venture.

  At the present time (Sept 2006) we have a strong possibility of purchasing
what might be the last piece of land in Amherst that would accommodate a
development of 25-30 homes, with enough open space to include gardens, walkways
and open space. We plan on 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units, ranging in size from 600
to 1300 square feet, or so, and costing between $200,000 and $400,000. This
would include a common house and all infrastructure.  We plan on having several
 "affordable" units, and the Amherst Housing Authority has expressed interest
in working with us in this regard.

  We have a developer who has substantial experience with co-housing. Our time
frame is approximately three years from the purchase of land until residence on
site. Amherst, MA has the necessary zoning for our group.

  We encourage those who might be interested to contact us with questions or
comments.

  Jane Lekus
  janelekus [at] yahoo.com