Re: RESALE VALUE OF COHO UNITS
From: Andrew Netherton (andrewnethertongmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:44:58 -0700 (PDT)
The only information I've heard about cohousing resale came from the
Canadian Cohousing Network's Spring 2006 newsletter, and it was very
encouraging.  See page 5, about Cranberry Commons:

http://www.cohousing.ca/newsletter/spring2006.pdf

I can't help but think, however, that worrying about the resale value
of cohousing implies that at some point in your life your household
will outgrow the community, or the community will not longer be useful
to you.  While I realize change DOES happen (moving for work, for
example), I would rather focus the energy worrying about how much I'll
get if I sell my unit into figuring out how best to ensure that the
community will be able to serve my needs across many decades,
regardless of my changing needs.

Lord forbid that people start building cohousing units because it's a
good business proposition.  Shudder.

Regards,
Andrew Netherton
Laurel Creek Commons (forming)