Getting New Members to Make a Commitment
From: Pacific Gardens Cohousing (judypacificgardens.ca)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
We are in the development stages of our 25-unit project in Nanaimo. We have
purchased land, rezoned, finalized design plans, submitted the plans to the
City with an Application for a Building Permit and are looking for
Construction Financing. We have 10 owners but are having difficulty finding
the other 5-7 members necessary in order to obtain financing. We seem to
have lots of interest but no commitment from interested people. Everyone
seems to want to wait until we're actually building to sign on so we find
ourselves in a Catch-22 situation. We can't get financing until we have more
owners and we can't seem to get more owners until we're building. HELP! Have
other cohousing projects faced the same dilemma? Did you find some creative
solutions to this problem? We'd love to have some feedback!

Thank you,
Judy at Pacific Gardens Cohousing
Nanaimo, BC Canada