Re: Getting New Members to Make a Commitment
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
MikeAngelastro [at] comcast.net
is the author of the message below.
after deleting long quote except for relevant portions (and reformating
to the prefered "top quoting" format).

Note:  Cohousing-L is configured to distribute messages of 8 KBytes or
less.  Longer messages are held for my review.  Mac's original post was
held and approved as an exception to the limit.

Please delete most quoted text unless it is needed for context for your
reply.  Fred

"Mac Thomson" <mac [at] heartwoodcohousing.com> wrote:

> We are a 24 unit community that moved in in 2000. We had various
> incentives in place that I think were VERY effective.

> BTW, we required a $6000 nonrefundable deposit to become a member.

How is the $6000 nonrefundable deposit disposed of and what is the tax
effect on the HOA?