off limits to kids?
From: Becky M. Pulito (BeckyPulito.us)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
I am having a difficult time finding info in the archives regarding areas
off-limits to children.

In our community, we are laying down groundwork for living post-move-in
(we're pre-construction right now, getting through the red tape).  We have
come to a hurdle

Some members feel children should not be allowed in certain areas without a
parent.  Some members feel children should be allowed to use certain
facilities when their parents agree they are ready, and that a child's
readiness should not be dictated by the group or a policy stating an age
minimum (like no one under 14 uses the exercise room, for example).

For my group, the main areas to consider are the workshop, the exercise room
and the pool area, all of which can be hazardous for anyone who is not
trained.

What about your group?  Do you have "policy" on which, if any, areas are off
limits to children without supervision?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

~Becky, Camelot Cohousing in Massachussetts