Re: off limits to kids?
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Becky,

Rather than trying to get everything about how you'll do what you'll do formally defined before you've even got 100% planning approval (let alone the start of construction), why not work out some interim policies that have "sunset clauses" and plans to revisit based on actual experience? You can make all kinds of assumptions of what it'll be like for your particular site (great location, BTW, I walked through the field last summer) and particular people, but even with other communities' experience you'll need to chart your own path. Work you can do on understanding each other and figuring out key shared values will get you further (along with process and conflict- resolution training) towards being able to come up with solutions as they're needed and being nicer to each other along the way.

Raines
Berkeley (CA) Cohousing
-