Re: Off limits
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:41:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all you cohousers, out there,

As with most advice on cohousing-L, I would add the caveat "your mileage may vary." We were not able to do as Rob advised because we are a condominium association and if we had done as Rob suggests below we would not have been able to obtain a master insurance policy. However, Rob lives in a lot-development model cohousing community and probably does not have this problem. I would suggest that you decide on your ownership model first and then adopt policies that allow you to obtain the necessary insurance under that form of ownership. Sometimes this cuts into the "dream" of what you are trying to build together, but it's better to find this out sooner rather than later.

--Diane Simpson

marketing facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."