Re: off limits, alcohol
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
We too have those who enjoy beer or wine with meals or snacks at the Common House. And we have a clear expectation that no alcohol will be LEFT at the CH. Yes, teens can get access to alcohol all over the place. But, with our CH often open and unattended, and with various public events here so many locals know what's here, there is some risk that uninvited, or unsupervised, individuals, especially underage ones, could drink and - worst case scenario - cause a vehicle accident. We ALL would bear legal responsibility, as we understand our state laws. So we take leftover alcohol home. Once would be too often for us to learn the hard way. It's not been any problem to find someone to adopt a spare bottle of wine or beer!
Lynn Nadeau