2BR Townhouse for Sale - Pleasant Hill Cohousing
From: Susan L. Hedgpeth (hedgpethberkeley.edu)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 17:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
TO:  Cohousing-L

Hi everyone,
Here is a notice about a unit for sale in our community. If interested, please contact the sellers, Julie & Mark, not me. Thanks.
-Susan

2BR Townhouse for Sale - Pleasant Hill Cohousing  (Unit #2266)
Pleasant Hill, California (San Francisco Bay Area)

Two bedroom, two-story townhome, with one and a half baths. Open floor plan with 100% wool carpet, ample storage, remote-controlled ceiling fans throughout, and lots of natural light. Premium lot with bedroom view of Mt. Diablo, great parking/garage access, larger, bamboo-fenced yard. State-of-the-art energy saving features including passive cooling design, whole house fan, hydronic heat and metal roof. Many custom features built by licensed contractor owner including Harry Potter-like playspace/storage area under staircase and 150 square feet of floored attic space with drop down stairs. Quiet location in community. 1100 sq ft.

Community Features:

Newly constructed in 2001, <http://phch.org/index.htm>Pleasant Hill Cohousing includes 24 townhomes and 8 flats to accommodate households of all ages and compositions. We have a solar-heated swimming pool, hot tub, and large club house (3800 sq ft.) with a spacious dining room and kitchen for community meals, two guest rooms (w/ bath) available for reservation, a craft room, a kids play room with loft and slide, a teen room, a laundry room, and a sitting room with DirectTV, DVD/VHS, and surround sound. Our community includes an organic garden, playground, sandbox, landscaped common spaces, a bike shed, a large workshop with shared tools and a pottery kiln, photo-voltaic solar panels, and a local area network (LAN) for internet.

Community Life:

We enjoy shared dinners, social events, yoga classes, collective babysitting, work parties and chats with neighbors on patios and in common areas. While architecture and our evolving culture allow for a high degree of interaction, members can create their own balance of community and privacy. Browse <http://phch.org/index.htm>the website for more details.

Location:

At the end of a quiet street in a semi-urban setting, Pleasant Hill Cohousing sits between Walnut Creek and the Iron Horse multi-use trail. We can easily walk/bike to Downtown Pleasant Hill (groceries, shopping, movies, restaurants) and public transit (38 minutes by BART to downtown San Francisco, 17 minutes to Berkeley). We are less than a mile from Hwy 680 (Monument Blvd exit). The Mt. Diablo school district offers several excellent options to families.

Financial Details:

Price: $475,000
Garage Option (separate property title)
Annual property taxes approx. 1.051% of assessed value

Homeowners monthly assessment approx. $262. Includes water, gas (cooking and heat), garbage, hazard insurance, pool maintenance, high-speed internet access and email, common house utilities, and community activities budget.

Homeowners Association reserve account is currently fully funded, and we retain a separate capital improvement fund of over $100,000.

Contact:

Julie Hunn or Mark Goehring
Phone: 925-687-8589
Email: <mailto:julie [at] phch.org>julie [at] phch.org or <mailto:mark [at] phch.org>mark [at] phch.org

Prospective buyers are also invited to attend one or more community meetings and social events to become acquainted with our neighbors. Please contact Julie or Mark.

Photos and additional information on our website,
http://phch.org/forsaleMJ.htm