Re: Issue of Liability for Treehouse on Common Property
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:16:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 13, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Carol R. wrote:

  Have any other communities had conversations around playground
  equipment and liability for the whole community? What did your
  conversations include? We also thought we could let our parents
  and grandparents sign a "waiver" in general, and I wasn't sure if
  others out there had talked about this as well.

Our thought is that we have a general liability policy and that anyone on the property should only be here as the guest of a resident who should have liability coverage as part of their homeowner policy.

We haven't had any other conversations. Liability and risk are things you can really drive yourself nuts about.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC