Re: Making 'Clean Energy' Pay
From: Amy D (subcomandanteamygmail.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hydro power may be renewable, I wouldn't at all call it ecological. As
a person who lives in Utah, I can attest to the destruction that most
large scale hydro projects have caused here...not to mention around
the world.

Amy...wasatch commons cohousing, salt lake city

On 10/13/06, Brian Bartholomew <bb [at] stat.ufl.edu> wrote:
> or in Canada, perhaps big hydro

A casual google says that 2/3 of the power in Canada is from hydro,
and hydro is already renewable.  I'm really not understanding this.
What benefits do panels on the home bring that is worth redistributing
Canadians' income tax money back to them in the form of a 6X rebate on
home power?
                                                        Brian