Noise from <mark nichols email change>
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
PLEASE do not reply to this message on-list.

>From Sunday afternoon to about Monday noon there were about 20 "noise"
messages that got thru all the filters that are meant to keep it from
getting to the cohousing-L mailing list.  Sorry about that.  After I
became aware of it I dropped the subscription causing the problem.  I had
most of the related message purged from the archives.

Note that I no longer get cohousing-L messages by email in my inbox.
(I browse them in the archives from time to time.)  So it is helpful to
get an OFFLIST email note when problems arise.  I typically check my email
every morning (and possibly other times). So it can be 24 hours between
when I check my email and more between when I browse cohousing-L messages.
If a quicker response is needed my phone number is at the bottom of every
message I post (not counting those I re-post on behalf of others.)

PLEASE do not reply to this message on-list.
Direct replies to me are fine.

Fred, listserv manager  fholson [at] cohousing.org

Details for those that are interested.

Apparently the subscriber decided to stop using the address he had
been subscribed at by setting up an autoresponder that gave his new
address.  Unfortunately he did this without unsubscribing from cohousing-L
which resulted in an autoresponse being sent to cohousing-L for every
other post to the list.  For a while these autoresponses generated
other autoresponses!  (I don't know why there were not more of these...)

The idea of an autoresponse that provides a new address is actually
very helpful for those (few hopefully) people who have not been informed
of an address change.  I have a few set up.  But combined with an active
mailing list subscription, it is a problem.

Fred, listserv manager

Communications for Justice - My new listserv org.       UU, Linux
My Link Page: http://fholson.cohousing.org       Ham radio:WB0YQM
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532   (7am-10pm Central time)