Pea gravel
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:17:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all --

My business partern, Meda Ling, is a landscape architect. She was cruising the Coho-L archives reading the email on pea gravel and ask me to post this information which you might find of interest:

--begin--
Sources for ASTM, CPSC, IPEMA & ADA certified recreational surfacings include:
www.sof-solutions.com
www.4nofault.com
www.rbrubber.com
www.mitchellrubber.com
www.grubble.com
www.softsurfaces.com
www.fibar.com
www.sofsurfaces.com
www.surfacingsystems.com

Pea gravel has drawbacks in terms of accessibility, maintenance (kicking, displacement) and depths required for fall height protection. Rubber products are easier to maintain, have a relatively long life, and most are ADA compliant for wheelchair access. Interlocking rubber mat systems comply with all standards for fall height protection and comfortable for wheelchairs, and wheeled toys.

Having designed many playgrounds and helping clients make budget decisions on play area surfacing, I have always placed safety for precious ones as top priority... rubber products may be more expensive initially, but is priceless in the overall scheme of things.

Thanks for helping me advocate for the little ones!
Meda
--end--

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Principal, The Cohousing Collaborative
Cohousing Consultant
--Takoma Village
--Eastern Village
--Baltimore City
--Annapolis
--Concord Village

“The Road to Enlightenment is Long and Difficult...
So Bring Cookies and a Magazine.”

Wk  202 546 4654
FAX 202 291 8594

6827 4th St. NW #312