House avail in Earthsong Eco-neighborhood (NZ)
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Orange oranges [at] earthsong.org.nz
is the author of the message below.
after adding subject line a bit of editing and currency conversion.

3-bedroom house for sale by owner in Earthsong Eco-Neighborhood Cohousing
10/457 Swanson Road, Ranui, Waitakere City, Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.earthsong.org.nz

Beautiful Rammed Earth walls, eco-technologies and healthy non-toxic
materials feature in the three bedroom, plus loft, two-story townhouse for
sale at New Zealand's first Cohousing Eco-Neighborhood. Upstairs and
downstairs toilets, passive solar flooring, designed for minimal
water/energy use with potable water and solar heating tank, full kitchen
with gas hob/electric stove, dishwasher. Beautiful new (2005) porch with
storage for tools etc.

Community Features:
Newly constructed (2001), http://www.earthsong.org.nz Earthsong Eco-
Neighborhood includes 32 townhouses and flats which accommodate households
of all ages and compositions. We have a large common house (sq ft.) with a
spacious dining room and kitchen for community meals, guest room available
by reservation, a craft room, a kids play room, a teen room, a laundry
room, an activities room and a sitting room. Our community includes
permaculture-designed organic gardens, playhouse, sandpit, landscaped
common spaces, a large workshop, and a local area network (LAN).

Community Life:
We enjoy shared dinners, social events, yoga classes, work parties,
community meetings, and chats with neighbors on patios and in common
areas. Community members can create their own balance of community and
privacy. We use consensus for most decisions.

Location:
The site is an old citrus orchard, unsprayed for 25 years, and retaining
some of the more healthy, productive trees. There is an elementary school,
and shops nearby. Public rail station is 10 minutes walk, and runs
regularly to Auckland city downtown (45 mins). Bus service is 2 minutes
walk away.

Financial Details:
-Price: $NZ600,000 (about $393,000 US)
-currently tenanted, with income $NZ400 (~$262 US) per week.

Rates: NZ $1100 per year (~$720 US)

Body Corporate fees: $1500 per year (~ $985 US )

Water and power: NZ $100-200 per month (~$65-$130 US)

Contact: Chris or Josephine Orange
Phone: 09-372-4431 Email: oranges [at] earthsong.org.nz

Prospective buyers are urged to attend one or more community meetings and
social events to become acquainted with our neighbors. Please contact
Chris or Josephine for arrangements.