Re: Quorums/Reopening decisions
From: tamgoddess (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:57:43 -0700 (PDT)
Our quorum is over 50%, so it's 13 households of 25. We count households
because, well, it's easier. And it gets a fairly broad spectrum of opinions.
Before move-in, I think we counted heads. Of course, people need to know ahead
of time what's being discussed, so that they can know when they have to be
there for decisions that are important to them.

Back when we needed to have a number for revisiting decisions, I think it was
1/3 of the membership. (Before move-in) We don't do that anymore. If someone
has the energy to put together a proposal, we listen to it. When you've been
living in the community for awhile, the formality of having some sort of
threshold is unnecessary.

Liz
From: "Nikki Sachs" <nikkisachs [at] gmail.com>