Re: Quorums/Reopening decisions
From: Becky Weaver (beckyweaverswbell.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:20:30 -0700 (PDT)
Another point about reopening decisions - if a decision is one that really
defines your community, and you are growing and working in a way that is
satisfactory to your members, consider it a filter for new members. If they
can't live with it, your community is not the one for them. And that's OK.

  Becky Weaver
  Kaleidoscope Village, Austin, Texas

Nikki Sachs <nikkisachs [at] gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello,
We are in the process of deciding.what the quorum for our general meetings
should be, the minimum number of members who have to be present to
officially conduct business and consense on binding decisions. We are also
discussing the same thing in relation to reopening a previously consensed
decision to new terms? How many "votes" have to be in favor of this to do
it? What have other communities done? Thanks.
Nikki Sachs for the process team
North Oakland Cohousing, a fledgling urban infill cohousing community
in the Temescal area of Oakland CA.