Re: Community Cemetery
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:36:43 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Kibuyu wrote:

Within our community, opinion is divided. Proponents
argue that this procedure has been the norm for most
of the world since the dawn of mankind; death is the
natural end of life and we should return our remains
to the land where we live, without consuming yet more
costly resources in our passing. Opponents say uh-oh,
even if this is legal, it will have to be disclosed
when houses are sold, and what will this do to our
property values? Will it put off prospective buyers?

Anything "different" may put off a prospective buyer

If you were about to buy a house in a new community,
and you learned that someone had a) died in that house
and b) been buried nearby, would that affect your
decision or your perceived value of the house?

a) Possibly, but I don't know if it would be positive or negative
b) I think it would be a positive.

Funerals and cemetaries are much more for the living than the dead. I hope your plan is to place it somewhere peaceful that would be conducive to people coming and meditating or communing with their thoughts of the people buried there.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts. It's what I can remember in time to use.