roommate sought at Santa Cruz (CA) cohousing
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:58:45 -0800 (PST)
Spotted on Craig's List:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/roo/226766490.html

Nice room in 2BR home in cohousing community on Western Drive (near UCSC). Share with owner (F, 40s) and one cat. I am looking for someone who communicates well and is good-natured, extremely responsible and honest, clean, and will treat my cat like the princess that she is. I live in a community and would like a roommate who is interested in participating in community dinners, projects. etc. My interests are writing, graphic design, Buddhist practice. I'm asking $625 including utilities, however I am negotiable on that. No storage available other than the bedroom. No garage. No drug, no smoking and no fragrances (I have mild environmental illness). I prefer someone with a daytime job as I often work at home during the day and need a lot of quiet.

Western Dr. at Meder St.

[reply to the author there, not to me!]

Raines
up in the snow at the Simple Living America conference at Sleeping Lady Retreat in Leavenworth,WA, about to speak about cohousing as "voluntary complexity" (vs. "voluntary simplicity"); tomorrow I get to observe a Chelan Cohousing (sustainable rural ecovillage) meeting before heading home to organize a Cohousing table at the SF Green Festival